The Best of “The Amp Hour” PodcastPosted: December 15, 2014
I listened to my first episode of “The Amp Hour” podcast as I drove from California to Texas on my way back from a summer internship at Sandia National Laboratories back in 2010. Now, that I have found myself commuting two hours everyday I started listening to the show again. Boy has this show come a long ways. Congratulations Chris and Dave! Keep up the great work.
I have had this post in draft for well over a year but I decided that even though it is grossly incomplete I would go ahead and make it live with hopes that I would update it as I come across episodes that peak my interest. With that said, here are some of my favorites that I have kept track of. Personally, I found that I prefer the episodes with guest interviews.
- The Amp Hour #115 – Watcher of Wraithlike Walls (An Interview with Dr. Greg Charvat, creator of the coffee can radar)
- The Amp Hour #133 – Tenacious Transistor Teacher (An Interview with Ron Quan, author of “Build Your Own Transistor Radios”)
- The Amp Hour #161 – Gifted Grimgribber Grokker (Interview with Michael Ossmann, founder of Great Scott Gadgets)
- The Amp Hour #144 – Hoodied HP Hijinks (An Interview with Bob Davidson)
- The Amp Hour #147 – Absorptive Augmented Actuality (An interview with Jeri Ellsworth, founder of Technical Illusions)
- The Amp Hour #149 – Purple PCB Philosophy (An Interview with James “Laen” Neal, founder of OSHpark)
- The Amp Hour #171 – Snell Solisequious Scientist (An Interview with Forrest Mims, author the Radio Shack “Getting Started in Electronics” and “Engineer’s Mini-Notebook” series)
- The Amp Hour #179 – (An Interview with Dr. Greg Charvat, author of “Small and Short-Range Radar Systems”)
- The Amp Hour #180 – Multi-talented Meter Maker (An Interview with Dave Taylor, designer of the Fluke 8060)
- The Amp Hour #185 – Zoppa Zumbahlen Zateticism (An Interview with Hank Zumbahlen of Analog Devices)
- The Amp Hour #214 – Recurring RF Remontados (An Interview with Dr. Greg Charvat and Michael Ossmann)
- The Amp Hour #222 – Zany Z80 Zygology (An Interview With Bil Herd, designer of the Commodore C128!)
If you are looking for other high quality podcasts to fill your commute and headphones may I also suggest Elecia and Christopher White’s electronics podcast “Embedded”; and Steve Gibson and Leo Laporte’s security podcast “Security Now!”